The Maine Highland Games is held on the second weekend of each
August at Thomas Point Beach near Brunswick, Maine. The Games feature
living history units, athletic, dance and music competitions, and lots of
Scottish music. In addition to the festival, visitors have access to Thomas
Point Beach - an absolutely spectacular tidal beach. There is even on-site
camping available for the hardy.
The Maine Highland Games
Nearby are the towns of Bath and Boothbay Harbor. Within an easy drive are
numerous small seacoast towns and villages - and all the lobster one could
CHECK BACK FOR PHOTOS OF THE
The Things We
- The Pipe Major of the Dunvegan All-Girls Pipe Band parades past the clan and
society tents. August, 1988.
- Even the wee ones are friends of these gentle giants. August, 1989.
- Somewhere on this table is the trophy sponsored by Clan MacLachlan. August, 1988.
- The competitions in full swing. August, 1989.
- Pipe band competitions as seen from the tent. August, 1989.
- Life in an 18th century tent. August 1997.
- Warming up prior to competition. August, 1989.
- The tools of war from the 18th century. August, 1997.
- The tidal beach of Thomas Point. August, 1989.
- Tidal inlet on the east side of Thomas Point. August, 1997.
The Places We
- Clan MacLachlan's first tent at the Maine Highland Games - and first tent
in New England. August 1988.
- By 1989, Clan MacLachlan had traded in the dining fly for a rental tent. Set-up
took over an hour for the tent alone.
This site is maintained by the Clan MacLachlan Association of
North America, Inc.
This page was last updated on June 17, 2011.
© 1996-2011 Clan MacLachlan Association of North America,